View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 04:23 PM
Default A little about how it is

Hi. Devlin is the name I had chosen back when I was going to be famous. I didn't end up famous, but the name stuck for online use.

From as far back as I can remember, I've always been polyamorous - I just didn't have a name for it until I became an adult and did some research. It took me a very long time to become comfortable not only with being poly, but also with being bisexual. My pendulum swung from women to men and back again. After one disastrous hetero marriage, I became involved with my now "unlegal" wife. (We live in a very anti-gay Red state.) We've been together for 13 years.

We have had many "playmates" and attempted a triad with a woman that was wrong from the start, and short-lived. Years later, through unbelievable circumstances, we had a chance at another one - this time with a man. It was a total life-changing experience for us - for me because I had "sworn off men" before my wife and I got together (I never thought I'd have feelings for another man again) - and for my wife because until he came into our hearts, she was 100% lesbian. It has been almost five years since we fell in love with him. And we still love him. But we cannot have a physical relationship with him for many difficult and complicated reasons. It is very hard for us to deal with that, but we're doing the best we can.

I would like to be able to make some poly friends here - talk about the aspects and share stories. It is very suffocating where we live - very right wing, religious, judgmental. We only know of one other poly couple who live around here. It would be nice to meet others - to feel less alone in the world.
Born This Way