View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 05:15 PM

Yes, baby steps. It sounds like there are some good ideas to start with here. I love the movie "Summer Lovers!" I think its one of my favorite all time movies. I love Greece though, that is part of it for me for sure.

Your boyfriend might be able to stomach "The Ethical Slut" if he is already pretty open to diversity in sexuality. I wouldn't suggest throwing that book at someone that is new to any kind of diversity though... maybe you could go to your local book store and take a peek, see if it could be useful. You can find it on line too and can even read it I think (?)

I would suggest attempting to put your emotions aside for this man and going for the opening up part of poly first. I know that is hard, but strong emotions such as lust and love can derail an otherwise reasonable process. Getting together might be really far off, so taking it one step at a time and dealing with his possible jealousy might be a start.

If I were you I would introduce him to this forum first. Before doing anything else. There are many people here that who have asked the same questions and are in the same boat. You are not alone and will not stand out in the crowd (provided you didn't use a user name that is obvious that is).

There are a TON of resources here on jealousy and any other poly dilemma. Check them out and learn.... grow.

Good luck.