View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
But it seems biology is against those that attempt swinging, FWBs, NSAs, and even unicorn type arrangements. It's well known that having sex with someone causes a release of oxytocin, which is the primary hormone involved in mammal bonding. How can we fight nature?
Care to elaborate on the unicorn type-arrangement? Are there like primarily sex-motivated unicorn arrangements out there ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnalTone View Post
Fucking doesn't require any emotions. It only requires some bit of lust.
I sadly pretty much don't come at all if I don't feel passionate about my partner . Which would make a worthless swinger. However, even when there is no passion, there can be giving and tenderness which motivates me enough to have sex with someone - for the sake of bonding, sharing, and yes, sometimes just to alleaviate a physical need the other person has. But lust is not my primary motivation those times and I would never do that for just someone, because what I get out of it are precisely those oxytocins and warm fuzzy feelings.

I think there are quite a few folks out in the New to Poly sections with 'OMG, we tried an open relationship/swinging and then shit hit the fan and love feelings happened' -experiences. I personally prefer to stay out of 'we can never have an actual relationship, but let's have lots of HAWT sex instead'-arrangements, because frankly, then the sex isn't so HAWT for me anymore.