View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
Me and my wife have recently decided to try an open/polyamorous relationship. Neither of us have been with anyone else yet. I met a girl last week and I have aranged to meet her tomorrow. She doesnt know I'm married.

I'm not interested in being deceptive so I want to be completly straight and open about it, I'm just really looking for some advice in how to explain this to people that you are interested in, in a non-threatening and easy to understand way.
If you are interested it is usually best to disclose before the meeting. I believe. You might find the person resents being misled, even int he slightest.

Quote:
And I have another query, something that has been bugging me a lot. I guess there is not exactly an answer to this, but I have had friends who would boast about being in an open relationship, and I have had friends who have used 'open relationship' to justify a wedding ring in a bar. I think that this is used a lot to negate a monogomous relationship for cheating. I hate the idea that when I explain it to someone that it sounds like a lousy excuse to say, yeah I have a wife but we can fuck, I'm sure she'll be fine with it. I hope I never come accross this way.
The only way you can change their perspective is by being a better "open relationship" the reality is that covers a whole spectrum of openess. From NSA fuck friends to polyamory.