Thread: A date...
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 10:15 PM

That's why I find "offline" dating so difficult being poly. When to blurt out "I'm poly which means I have two girlfriends and..."? I don't feel I can even express romantic interest in someone offline without this particular preamble. I'm more out than most in that most anyone I care about knows. But, it's still not easy when meeting new people. Just not so easy.

Online dating is dead easy for me in this regard. It's mentioned in my profile six ways to Sunday. And, always part of the initial discussion about how much time I currently have to devote to another relationship and whether or not that works.

Making it part of your profile does indeed reduce your message traffic. But, at least, I have more confidence that those who are willing to spin up a dialogue are doing so with at least the willingness to explore non-monogamy.

OKC Profile

Blogs:
Mind Crush
sloetry

“Instead of getting better and better at avoiding, learn to accept the present moment as if you had invited it. And work with it instead of against it. And making it your ally rather than your enemy.”
-Pema Chodron