View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 07:20 AM

I guess your reference to me thinking that your age and newness to this forum was of significance made me think that there was a tone to your questions....

I get it now and get where you are at too

I'm not sure what you mean by, "It just seems to me like I would have an easier time managing in a relationship where all members are equally involved" when talking about a "V" relationship....? could you expand please? I am not experiencing a LACK of involvement where my "V" is concerned. Quite the contrary....

I'm not sure I agree with you about jealousy. You were saying that, "jealousy for someone you love goes against the principle of loving them (if you love them you want them to be happy)." I think you are right in a simplistic way, but jealousy indicates fear, self preservation, the preservation of a love relationship, loss of what once was, sadness over the loss of what once was, anger over a lovers seeming lack of love for you etc.... it is very powerful in that it is a mixture of many emotions in one.

I think it's great that you are able to have compersion, but be careful about simplifying the power of jealousy. It can be harnessed to achieve great things in terms of knowing yourself and how strong your relationship really is. It can also indicate that there is something wrong in the relationship or in the relationship of your lover and their other lover.

There is nothing wrong with it or bad about it. It is very human and shows that we too can be humbled by our less desirable emotions....

I think I might start a thread on the topic of jealousy again. It comes up often and my opinion has changed with time about it.