Thread: A Bit Too Late
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPlaySupport View Post
Hey everyone,

I'm finally posting here at the end of my first and only poly relationship. I'm dealing with some deep hurt and a fair amount of anger. Not to mention crushing disappointment.

I'm not sure what my intentions are in signing up for this place. Maybe just to feel a little less alone in my loss? Few people seem to be able to fully grasp the kind of thing I'm going through.

So, on that high note, I say hello.
So does this mean that you're giving up on poly? You're just out of your "first and only poly relationship". Many relationships don't last; many are painful. Was yours painful because it was poly? Are you going to avoid pain by keeping to mono?

It really isn't my intention to under-rate your pain or make fun of your situation. I would like you to put this all into perspective. Just imagine if somebody told you:

"I'm at the end of my first and only relationship. I'm dealing with some deep hurt and a fair amount of anger. Not to mention crushing disappointment.
I'm not sure what my intentions are in telling you all this. Maybe just to feel a little less alone in my loss? Few people seem to be able to fully grasp the kind of thing I'm going through."

Would you shake your head and tell them: "Yeah, relationships really suck! You're better off being alone. Lucky you learned that while you're still young..."

IPlaySupport, maybe poly isn't for you. But it seems - to me - early days to decide that after one failed relationship.

And if you're sure that it was the poly part that was to blame, what are you doing seeking consolation on a poly web-site, hmmmmmm?

Open the can, spill the beans: there are people on here all too willing to hear and to help (if we can).
[hug]
- old Chinese proverb
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
~ Anais Nin
I'd rather have a broken heart / Than have a heart of stone.
- from "Boundless Love (A Polyamory Song)" by Jimmy Hollis i Dickson