View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamE View Post
I know it will be hard to find someone who will choose to be part of a new relationship with me while joining part of the dynamic of an existing relationship. (anyone have advice ?)
I don't know how you "know" this. You seem to be well-adjusted, not jealous, in love with your best friend and happy about it, non-controlling but interested (wanting to be informed of other lovers but without the details is a sensible self-protection measure), with a positive attitude towards polyamory in particular and Life in general.

I don't care what you look like: to me you sound like a pretty attractive proposition! You should have little problem finding another meaningful relationship.

p.s. You say that you want children, she has children and wishes that experience for you, but can't help you on this one. Just a shot in the dark, but have you (both) ever heard of co-parenting? Run a search on this board to get a take on a co-parenting/polyamory interface. (Here's my favourite thread which deals with it.)
- old Chinese proverb
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
~ Anais Nin
I'd rather have a broken heart / Than have a heart of stone.
- from "Boundless Love (A Polyamory Song)" by Jimmy Hollis i Dickson