View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 11:52 PM

Wow - you need communication every day from someone you're just starting out with? I would think that's a big demand to lay on someone when you've only had one date/meeting and are just getting to know. I mean, it's still just the dating phase. You can just enjoy it for a while, can't you?

For me, personally, that's a big demand, since I don't need to hear from someone every single day, just every few days is good for me. Or it's something I see as needed for a solid, "serious," more committed relationship, rather than something new. I wonder if you're just feeling frustrated from your other relationships and feeling like now you need to set this kind of "rule" (for lack of a better word). If that's the case, it's more of a reaction than a need, don't you think? What about letting the relationship itself set the tone for frequency of contact? You might find you don't want to hear from this one every day, LOL.

Anyway, I would say, just take to time to get to know each other and enjoy the date, his company, etc. If talk turns to what you're looking for in a long-term committed situation, then bring up the fact that you like consistent steady communication and see what his response is. Does he know you are poly?

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 05-03-2011 at 11:55 PM.