View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 06:45 PM

We're now four days in--still early days, and I'm trying to keep that in mind.

I still tell my wife that I love her, but she gets this look on her face when I do, so I'm doing it less (not at all the last two days). It's been four days since I've heard her say the words to me (and it used to be a several times per day thing). I asked her if it would be OK if I still showed her the physical affection that I was accustomed to showing her, and she said that she was not comfortable with that.

In all other respects, she's acting normally--friendly in conversation, quick to smile, still doing nice little things for me, but this is really confusing. I don't know where I stand, and although I want to ask, I want to leave her time to process without me being nagging and clingy.

I can't sleep. I can't think straight. I can't focus at work. I have this feeling of dread in my stomach that my marriage is now just this hollowed-out thing, and that we're now reduced to pro forma going-through-the-motions. I hope that is just me being panicky, and that it is not real, that she's feeling hurt and angry right now, and that it will get better.