View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFarFromRight View Post
I was posing some questions that I thought might be interesting for you to consider if you hadn't already. I'm glad to read that you have...
Since you wrote of polyamory ("and to see if there's room in it (and a partner in it) for us") - and that you've studied the matter academically - perhaps I did jump to the conclusion that you were writing about considering a romantic and/or sexual attachment.
I stand corrected.
Well... to avoid further confusion, let me be as clear as possible: we envision a marriage of 3 (at least for the foreseeable future) spouses--2 wives and a husband--with all the normal tenets a marital relationship entails. This is our choice mutually, with no coercion, persuasion, or knee-jerk jumps involved. It is one we believe (may be) right for us, and it comes after carefully and honestly evaluating the alternatives together. For my wife, she says that means for her a sister and friend, someone who can share in the joys and sorrows of life, family, children, and so on day after day in the way that only two women can (a "sister-wife," if one prefers such terms). For me, it means a stronger female presence in my life--romantic, familial, sexual, and so on--which I value highly. For both of us together it means a larger, stronger family with more love and more shoulders to share the load between. I realize that these are priorities which not everyone may share, and which even those who do may seek to fulfill in different ways. For us, this is the way we've decided we'd like to do it.

I hope that is entirely clear. I'm not sure why what I've had to say on the matter has garnered a somewhat rocky reception, but I'm sorry to see it happen. We've been really excited about trying to take this step, and hoping to find support for our choices in this community.

Edit: We would, of course, like to thank everyone who has welcomed us warmly. We look forward to getting to know you all.

Last edited by kazokujin; 04-27-2011 at 04:05 AM.