Thread: Quad Family
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 09:49 PM

Easter was very nice for me. There was some stress associated--Asha's best friend and the godfather to her children is in a new relationship, and she feels that he is allowing his NRE to allow her children to be treated as less important. But there was good food and for the most part we were all relaxed. Sunday even unbent enough at one point to share a spontaneous hug with me. He's still exhausted, but it was nice to see him smiling again.

Moose was a little difficult to take for a bit. He keeps getting so wound up that I can't get him to calm down. I could handle it when he was four, but he's sixteen now. What do you do when a sixteen year old is too wild? Then he decided to interfere with my goodbye kiss and hug from Sunday, which I had specifically discussed with Moose. I told him how important it was to me and how I don't get a lot of affection from Sunday except for this goodbye hug and kiss. I guess we're going to have to talk some more. I'm so frustrated; I don't know why I can't seem to get through to him. Lately it's like we don't even speak the same language. I'm lost and I don't have any idea what a good parent would do.

Anyway, the food was excellent, there were a ton of leftovers, and gladly, thanks to four sets of hands, the work was mostly taken care of by the time we had to leave. It seemed almost miraculous, considering the amount of food that had been prepared! (Brined and grilled turkey; rosemary sour cream mashed potatoes, 4 pounds; citrus grilled asparagus; rosemary olive oil brussel sprouts; homemade wheat rolls; rosemary parmesan bread; kalamata olive bread; turkey white wine gravy; blackberry pie; strawberry pie; whipped cream and berry trifle; hand-whipped lavender-infused whipped cream; cherry cheesecake. Everything was made from scratch!) With this much effort on Easter, I have to worry what Christmas will be like, when Asha has guests from out of town. Sometimes I'm extremely tempted to tell my mother that we're hosting Christmas at Asha's house--but I know my mother couldn't behave herself that long.

But...ugh...I keep forgetting that we might be dissolving our relationship before then. Curse that divorce. It's definitely giving me major insecurity and worry.