View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 05:28 PM

Hi Jamee. Thanks for responding on my thread. After reading through yours, I don't have a lot to add to what others have said. In my little burgeoning poly-fi triad (see, I learned the right term!), we don't seem to be having jealousy issues. Or at least, if we're having them, they're buried deeply enough that I'm not picking up on them, which is a slightly scary thought, but the reality is that we all (that's me, my wife of 20+ years, and woman we've known about a year) all seem to be fine with what's happening.

Even so, all three of us have occasional thoughts along the lines of "are we completely delusional for thinking that this could ever possibly work?" We can't think of any reasons why it wouldn't, right now, but it's so new and different and fraught with unknowns that we just wonder if we're overlooking something that will be obvious in retrospect when we're all sitting in the lawyer's office signing dissolution agreements. Given that that's been our experience when things have gone so relatively placidly for us, I'm really impressed with you for deciding to hang in there and try to make it work when there are real visible potential problems. It's good for me to hear that, because it lets me know how important a relationship like this can be to someone else, which in turn makes me feel less crazy for having mine be as important to me as it is. If that makes any sense.

Anyway, best of luck to you and I really hope things work out for all of us.