View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningTwilight View Post
Oh, certainly, but I have to wait until she's ready. This cannot be force-fed, and she is not yet in a receptive frame of mind.
True, true. My metamour (married woman) is having some major self-image issues, along the lines 'Am I no longer attractive enough? Am I being replaced for someone younger and hotter?' (She's hot as hell, just sayin' ). Until those issues are worked through, insisting that we make major strides in our relationship is a bit unfair. You have to address present hurts and not push your own agenda with metamours/established partners, and things are WAY easier for you since you don't have a secondary relationship in the works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningTwilight View Post
That, and that his parents aren't splitting up. It's that part that I cannot promise, although I am trying not to have that happen.
Yep, but you never can promise something like that. Sometimes, the decision is not up to you. 'We are not splitting up RIGHT NOW' is not as comforting but more honest.

Also, your son is old enough to make up his own mind on how much contact he wants with you in the case of relocation and divorce. I agree with previous posters, though - your wife is just overwhelmed right now and is searching for the easy way out. Sometimes, even the thought of 'Yes, I can leave if things get unbearable' is a comfort that gets us through difficult phases in relationships. So I wouldn't read too much into it right now.