View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
I don't see your situation as darkly as RP does, as far as what your girlfriend did.
Sorry if you think this is my take, I was trying to offer something no one else had until I posted. For some, what she did could be make or break in terms of entirely trusting again. I am hoping that this is not the case for you... it does happen and understandably so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycindie View Post
Learning to trust again is not dependent only upon my partner's behavior, but on how I work through it.
This was my point also, just in a more positive way. Again, its up to you what your path is. I would always suggest chalking this up to lesson learned, but that doesn't mean that blind trust is the answer either. I believe in trust where it is earned, she has taken a step back from where you were with trust and I for one, think she needs to earn that back over time and in baby steps... as I mentioned before.

She is not a failure or not worth it... just not ready to be in a poly situation yet and create a healthy environment for her or you. Now you know, now you can work on it more.