View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 04:06 PM

As I've said before, having been closeted for almost 10 years I just don't think it's worth it anymore. I come out to people in my social circle whenever I can (usually when somebody asks me about my dating life) because I feel that there is already so much ignorance and fear and pain around issues like this that if it can possibly benefit someone even just a little to hear me leading my life and not be miserable, I want to do it.

Of course, then there is the question of whether I am creating more misery for people who will not understand and think that I am endangering myself and others with insisting on this path down to destruction, which to them it is. But as has been pointed out in this thread before, who am I to tell beforehand who will understand and who won't? Even after initial negative reactions, maybe we can establish common ground and start talking about how I view my relationships and what they mean to me.

The one situation where I will curb down PDA is around mutual friends who don't know that the spouse of the married person I am with knows and accepts our relationship. This is very simply because I don't wish to burden anyone unnecessarily with the thought that they are witnessing somebody cheating on their spouse.