View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 09:12 PM

Mettwo,
I'm with you on this one. If he could manage to set things up to go to a concert and not be too worried about leaving wife and baby at home.....he surely could have managed to come see you as you asked. My former husband would go on business trips a week at a time when we had babies/toddlers at home (one of whom had some special needs). I managed just fine without him for those short periods of time. And as someone whose been a parent and is now a social worker in hospice care......caregiving an elderly parent is one of the most difficult jobs you'll ever face. It's a heck of alot easier to change a newborn's diaper than an adult's! If we were talking about him visiting you for weeks on end or indefinitely would that be fair to his wife and newborn??? No...but we're not talking about extensive time away. All you were asking for was a weekend.

While he and his wife have a DADT policy, she still has accepted his desire for polyamorous relationships at some level. I'm not convinced they're able to handle the reality of such.

To give him the benefit of the doubt....maybe he's just not comfortable with death and dying. Many people aren't.

Last edited by dragonflysky; 04-23-2011 at 09:18 PM.