View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningglory629 View Post
". . . The first place to start is with one’s self, confronting your own self-imposed guilt and your fears of stepping outside the standards of societal norms . . ."
I think this is so important. If one rushes too far and too fast into being free with one's body and going beyond comfort zones, without looking at the inhibitions and fears on the flip side, it can be damaging. I'm the first to acknowledge my inner Prude. She lives inside me, right next to my Slut. In fact, they might even be twin sisters. If I take them both along with me on this journey called life, and into the bedroom where I am trying things I've never tried before, I think I'll have much better, more authentic experiences. I can't pretend I don't have reservations or judgments (both positive and negative) about my sluttiness, or my prudery. This applies to my desire to have poly relationships, too -- I can't deny the conditioning I've had to be mono. Embracing all of me, not just my adventurous or unconventional side, leads to wholeness and freedom.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein