View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 08:20 AM

Default My Story (so far)

So, now that i've been reading the forum and posting some things i figured i'd give all you nice folks my story.

I'm JonnyAce my gf C, and i just started dating, although we've known each other for over 2 yrs. Going into the relationship we had many discussions, and discovered that both of us are polyamorous. Right now I'm definitely caught up in NRE a bit, b'c i love her so much. I'm so glad to have had a chance meeting w/her a few years ago, and to find out that she was like minded gave me hope that i would be able to have a healthy loving relationship(s).
one of the big things that ended my last relationship (of almost 6 yrs) was the fact that i came to the realization that mono wasn't for me, so not only finding an amazing person, but them also feeling the same way i do about the possibility of multiple loves is fantastic.

Right now neither me, nor C are actively looking for other loves, but we're open to the fact that it's possible.

While this is my 1st poly relationship i do have a, what i think, is a decent amount of knowledge about poly for a newbie, as after my parents divorced my father came out as poly. He even has friends who formed PolyNYC, and Tri-State Poly, and he himself has been involved in the poly community for over 15 yrs. This is not to say that i don't have a lot to learn, as i think that you never stop learning in life. I've already learned so much from you all, and i'm sure i will continue to do so in the future.

JA