Originally Posted by sage
How did you manage to lose so much weight LR? Give us the lowdown on your slimdown, please.
It really is simple.
It is NOT easy-but it is simple...
1. I gave up all soda and fastfood. No matter what.
2. I forced myself to drink the water every day (it SUCKED ASS).
3. After 30 days of doing the water I added walking-every day. At first I just went to the end of the block & back. Then kept increasing my distance. I gave myself "deadlines" such as needing to be somewhere by a specific time that was 2 miles away-only leaving with 30 minutes to get there. That forced me to walk at a 15 minute mile in order to get there. I'd push myself to try to "beat my time". I increased my distance to 10 miles after a year and a half. I lowered my time to roughly 12 minutes per mile in the same time frame.
4. I gave up dairy for 1 year. (THAT is a BITCH by the way-but it's AMAZING how much that one single thing helped. I lost the most weight by doing that).
5. I added small weight lifting (5-8lbs) for arms, because it builds muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat, but it burns more calories too.