View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 12:05 AM

Felt compelled to comment on your weekend. What struck me is that you have reached a wonderful state of "allowing" within your family. And this for me is polyamory at its most powerful. Of course it's never going to be perfect as our growth often lies in our struggles and seeming imperfections.

Please forgive me if I'm wrong about specifics but from a spectator's point of view this is what I see. I remember back to PN's struggles prior to Mono shifting in. He resisted it for some time and I remember you wrote that he went through a period of just wanting his wife back. And yet he was able to release his attachments and what a wonderful gift he has received in being free to fully explore his spirituality and 'greener' self. You are both so different now in many ways and polyamory has allowed you both to fully experience who you are while retaining the essence of your relationship. This is where monogamy falls down. Growth and change have to continually be curbed to fit within the established context. For many people it just becomes too hard and they stop trying to jump out of their box.

Well done