View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 11:24 PM

Default Emotional eater checking in!

I am joining in this thread for accountability.

I joined Jenny Craig about two months before my husband told me he wanted a divorce. My goal is to lose 75-85 lbs. It has been a bumpy ride trying to stick with it. I eventually lost 24 lbs, but hit a plateau when things got really rough (when I realized deep down that there was no reconciliation on the horizon, I think), and I was drinking a little bit too much, and managing some adverse affects from the anti-depressants I was on. I became more depressed and started eating to console myself again. I gained back 10.

I love going to talk with my JC counselor, she's so cool. She has many times shut the door to her office so I could cry in there during our sessions. She told me that "food is the one thing you can control in your life," and to focus on that in order to feel successful. With my renewed efforts I'm back down to the "22 lbs. gone" mark, and have roughly 55-60 more to go.

The biggest problem I seem to have is sticking to the JC food. It's great food, quite delicious in fact, but the portions are so much smaller than what I would want when I'm avoiding difficult feelings -- I usually turn to outside food and pig out to dull the pain, I guess. I also have not been diligent with supplementing the packaged JC food with salads, veggies, fruit, and dairy, which I'm supposed to do. Finally, I am guilty of not drinking enough water throughout the day. I know that whenever I've made an effort to drink water frequently, the pounds seem to drop away.

So here're my goals for the week:
Stick to the JC food; add the fresh veggies, fruits, etc,. that I'm supposed to; and drink at least two of my large bottles of water each day.

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post on hierarchy in polyamory:
solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-im-not-a-secondary-partner-the-short-version/