View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 02:43 AM

Default Idealist Poly Blog Part 41- Gliding on NRE

Just some of my thoughts and opinions about NRE.
NRE is so intoxicating that there is an impulse to feed it by spending as much time with your new love interest as possible.

I would like to suggest another way to approach it!!

First of all, the magic ingredient of NRE is chemistry. Powerful chemistry between two people is almost tangible and not only does it draw people together, but it is so compelling that it will keep people together when a relationship without chemistry would have faltered long before.

So- when you have powerful chemistry with someone, just remember this. Powerful chemistry doesn't just go away. It is dynamic and steady....you can depend on it to remain constant.

step 1- identify that you definately have profound chemistry
step 2- remind yourself of the long term affects of a real chemistry

Now- what I would suggest for step 3 is different from what our impulses tell us.

step 3- create some boundaries.

Get to know each other. Don't talk every day. Just spend enough time together to test the chemistry by flirting, kissing etc. Don't have sex yet.

does anyone agree with me???
feedback would be great!!!

I am so convinced of my perceptions of NRE and how to ride it to it's fullness that I would like to discuss it and especially with people who disagree with me!!!