View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaginaryIllusion View Post
Is that because you don't like the idea of seeing his workplace? Guns, Tanks, and all the other big expensive built by the lowest bidder toys for big boys?

Or is it just worrying about his workplace knowing about you?
The latter. Always a fan of things that go boom.

Quote:
Wouldn't that be something he should worry about his own self? I'm sure he'll have a good handle on what the reactions would be.

Again, something for him to worry about.
Yep, but I think he is having a massive NRE moment-of-unclarity. He feels now as if he could take on the world, but I don't want him to get kicked out on my sake.

Quote:
Has she already been there done that? Is she just not interested? It may make a difference if you're being invited instead-of her, as opposed to after her. Perhaps she really doesn't care about all the toys...or if he's been at it for a while, perhaps she's bored of the scene.
She's ex-military, so perhaps she has seen all the toys? I'll have to ask.

Quote:
Another question...what is he inviting you to go to work for? A social lovers & sweethearts dance? Or a how & tell of things that go boom? The former, I can see the concern about having to come out to everyone. But if it's show and tell he could probably take you around and introduce you as a friend and no one would blink anymore than if you were a cousin, or the sister-in-law.
I think the former morphed into 42 hrs of fornication. Introducing me as his sister-in-law and then going on with the fornication would likely introduce even more complications .

Quote:
Unless I missed something in previous posts about your situation, I wouldn't expect the US military rules to apply to another military. If he is a US serviceman, than by all means BWE has some good points I'm sure.
I'll have to ask about that too. I was thinking more of the social disapproval and the whole official 'code-of-conduct' part hadn't even crossed my mind, really. Military everywhere I fear has a tendency to cling on to the most conservative parts of their mother society, even when the said society has moved way beyond that already.