View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
Both of the people who identified as asexual at the meeting were very attractive.
When I'm in my 6, I am still very attractive to others.

Quote:
One male; young fit, vigorous looking and confident. One woman; young, great curves, amazing wit and a great smile. I don't think it plays any part in it at all. I think that would be like a guy identifying as homesexual because he has a small build or feminine features. Even the idea of self image issues implies that asexuality can not exist in a healthy, fully confident person.
I think I am going to have to disagree....at least for now. I'll think about it more..... I am also fit, vigorous looking and extremely confident (notice I left out young :-) woman.

Quote:
The asexual woman simply does not have any desire to engage in sexual activity with someone. I think I can relate at times. When my connection is broken or diminished with Redpepper I don't feel the desire for sex with any one...but it isn't from being turned off. At those times there is just no desire for sex. Not saying that asexual people have any issue with connection LOL! Asexual people develop fully romantic relationships without the desire to express them sexually.
I totally get that!! I'm not interested in sex either when I'm not turned on by myself. Okay- here's the deal. Right now, I'm at my 6 size. But, getting ready for the weekend, I shaved my entire body (except my head) and put lotion and oil on every surface of my body. And guess what......out of nowhere, I experienced sexual desire..... I think asexual is just a term for "sexually shut down for now". Because we are inherently sexual beings unless there is a short circuit somewhere.

Quote:
I acknowledge asexuality as an orientation that does not need a sexual outlet to express romantic love.

Do you find it hard to believe that a person could actually not have an interest in sex?
I do not find it hard to believe at all that a person does not have an interest in sex. I know a lot of people who are not interested in sex and some of them are "seemingly" fit, attractive etc....... I find that incredibly easy to believe. I just think that a person who wants to adopt the label as asexual is a person who has shut down sexually due to some short circuit and they aren't interested in becoming a fully functioning authentic human being......just sayin'