View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker90 View Post
Both of them still want me to move to the city in the fall for school. So I'm thinking/hoping that physically being closer. . . will help things.
Well, moving closer won't help if you don't get clear about what it is you are getting into. Being closer won't help if you suck at communicating directly or create drama to get reactions out of them. Do you really want to take a chance at uprooting your whole life, on the "hope" that things will get better just by virtue of your being there, and not by actively working to make things better?

Are you just going because now they want you to, or are you going because you feel this is a situation that will make you happy? Have you defined the relationship between all of you to be something you can live with? What exactly are they expecting from you when you go there? Friendship only? Or a romantic sexual thing again? It sounds crazy to me, a little, to hang your hopes on this without some kind of clear agreement, not an assumption. Ask, talk, define things and see if what they say is something you can accept BEFORE moving out there.

Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me. ~Bryan Ferry
"Love is that condition in which another person's happiness is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

Last edited by nycindie; 04-08-2011 at 03:01 AM.