View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
Getting to know asexual people has really changed my view on love and sex.
Okay, I'm going to show my ignorance here, but I'll apply it to my personal experience with my sex life. Let me know if I am totally off, which I probably am, but Oh well...here I go because I've been thinking about this since I read the post.

I have a certain weight (when I can fit into my size 4 clothes) that I feel really good about myself. I like what I see when I look in the mirror. No matter what I put on, I like it. I can wear dresses, jeans, skirts, lace, leather...doesn't matter. When I see myself, I am turned on!!! My body is more stimulated and I am a lot more sexual. I'm more attracted to myself and I am more attracted to other people. My sexual desire is heightened a great deal.

Then- I have the other weight (when I am a size 6.)

Let me stop here and say that for someone else- the "feel good" size might be a 10 to 12 and the other "not so feel good" size could be a 14.

Don't get hung up on the actual size. The point is....how I feel about myself and how my body feels. How my body responds to other people.

When I am heavier, I don't like what I see in the mirror as well. I can put on the dress, the jeans, the leather, but it's just okay...... and I'm not as attracted to other people. I am not nearly as sexually stimulated. I can "take it or leave it" pretty much.

This is my question: How do you think sexuality and asexuality is affected by our own perception of our physical attractiveness.