View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
Nothing personal at all. Monogamy and non-monogamy have existed in nature a lot longer than humans have existed. Look at the animal kingdom and broaden the resources drawn from. That's all I'm saying. Too many people read one book, don't question it becasue it fits their needs, and preach it as gospel.
Well, I am not going to take that personally! OK, I am. I've read more than one book. LOL

Perhaps you shouldn't condemn data in a book you haven't even read. The comparison of penis and testicle size, shape and location, between humans and other apes (chimps and bonobos which are promiscuous, and have similar genitals to humans, and then to gorillas which are polygynous, and gibbons, which are monogamous) is extremely interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariakas View Post

The truth of science today will be the chance of it being false in the future. Science has an amazing history of being wrong once new(er) science has become better. Anthropologists make a living on those errors.
This, I agree with. However, the data in Sex at Dawn is pretty compelling. I am not saying you 2 are wrong in your feelings of monogamy or poly-fi. It's great it works for you and you're comfortable, even ecstatic, with your choices. I'm just asking you to consider a culture where every day is orgy day. Would you still be mono or poly-fi?
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Mags (poly, F, 61) loving miss pixi (poly, F, 39) since January 2009, living together since 2013
also loving Punk (42, M) since Oct 2015 (he has recently downgraded us to friends)
"Master," (mono, 34), miss pixi's Dom for 2 years