View Single Post
Old 04-06-2011, 11:46 PM
Location: Ping-ponging around Europe, trying to get a publishing concern off the ground

Originally Posted by AnotherConfused View Post
Don't need to rub certain body parts together in order to have a connection, even if it would feel nice. [...] What keeps me from feeling like I'm trapped in a 5 star prison with my husband is that he is amaaaazingly open to my doing the things I need to do to be happy.
a) Hey! What kind of dancing do you do with D where you don't rub body parts together??? Whoops! My mistake: I just now noticed that word "certain". And I agree with you 100%! Sex is not the most important thing in a relationship. (Not even - as far as I'm concerned - in a sexual relationship.) Your husband is to be admired (especially given his upbringing in India) to be happy with your other kinds of intimacy / love with other men.

b) I didn't write that you were "trapped in a 5 star prison with [your] husband". I wrote: "I want you to imagine yourself in a prison cell..." I meant "imagine if you were..." I think that - in that case - you'd eventually discover that he doesn't (and can't) supply all of your needs for human contact. (I'm afraid that I'm rather a fan of extreme [and far-fetched] examples to illustrate the point I'm trying to make.)
If I can't dance, I want no part in your Revolution.
- Emma Goldman Anarchist and Polyamorous par excellence
The person who says something is impossible should not interrupt the person who is doing it.
- old Chinese proverb
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
~ Anais Nin
I'd rather have a broken heart / Than have a heart of stone.
- from "Boundless Love (A Polyamory Song)" by Jimmy Hollis i Dickson