View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 04:55 AM

I was so emotionally overwhelmed during my pregnancy that I literally could not handle him being close. I felt like if he was near then I needed to take care of him (my thought-not his) and I couldn't handle it.

I felt the NEED to minimize my social interactions to just my kids and Maca. Even with Maca-it was limited, but he's not a "social creature" so it's easy enough for us to be in the same house and not say a word. (eek I know).

Ironically-I'm normally VERY VERY social. But not when I'm pregnant.

In fact, as odd as it may seem, as SOON as the baby is born, that flips. Even (not to bring up something horrible) but, even when I didn't go through a full pregnancy, as soon as the pregnancy ended, I was social again.

But, during pregnancy (and labor); I don't want ANYONE to touch me.
I don't want anyone to talk to me (unless I talk to them first and then only for short spurts).
I don't want to go anywhere or do anything.
I don't want to have the responsibility of taking care of anyone or anything ESPECIALLY if it means planning.

I don't really know why.

As for GG, he was understandably devastated. But, he's a VERY VERY patient and loving man. He got an apartment a few miles away, took the other kids for weekend visits. Stayed in touch with Maca to keep up with what was going on with my pregnancy. When all was said and done and I was more my "normal self" again, the tension started to die down and he eventually put in notice and moved back in (he was in his own place about a year).