View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael View Post
. . . we are moving things along slowly. Maddening slow. But that's the smartest way to move and its comfortable for all involved. What would be great is if someone with experience in this area was around to offer some advice or insight. Most likely insight as I tend to rebel against advice. That is of course unless the advice is from my wonderful wife. Who has repeatedly advised me not to move too quickly. Wise words from a wise woman.
I love your sense of humor.

Personally, I don't have any insights about triads, because I've never been in one and it's not my thing (I'm straight), but I just want to say that from the perspective of introducing something radically new into your life and relationship, that it does sound like going slowly is indeed the smartest way. I agree that your wife is a wise woman in advising that. If you do a tag search here (above, an option that pops up when you click on the search link) for "triad" or "triads," you will find countless posts from people who rushed into things, only to have it go kablooey in their faces. I do believe that the more cautious and methodical you go about it, the more long-lasting and satisfying it can be.

Happy for you!

"Oh, oh, can't you see? Love is the drug for me." ~Bryan Ferry
"Love and the self are one . . ." ~Leo Buscaglia "

An excellent blog post on hierarchy in polyamory:
solopoly.net/2014/10/31/why-im-not-a-secondary-partner-the-short-version/