Thread: America
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdlyn View Post
Yes, for the indigent and elderly. Many health care institutions and individual doctors do not accept these programs, however. In my state, many technically say they accept MassHealth, but then you can still get turned away, because the clinics will submit your bill, but the state still won't pay.
I agree many will not accept the payment and I do not have a reason on why to everything but for many the reason is that the states and governments do not or will not pay what the services are worth or even close to that the equipment and meds are worth.

[/B]
Quote:
WIC (women, infants and children) is a food program, not a medical service.
In my state and many places they can get basic medical services as well.

Quote:
My daughters were offered health care thru their community college, at $700 a year. Almost as much money as tuition. And other Western countries also offer free college educations! Health care and education are for the elite, not the lower working class.
$700 thats pretty cheap actually. I pay more than that for myself through my employer, Add my family in and you it is twice the amount.

Quote:
People die for lack of health care in this country every day.
Yes and many of them are illegals, Choose not to have insurance, some cannot afford it but it is there if needed. Do I feel that it should be more avaliable yes. Do I think we need to have some better insurance reform and all YES. do I think that this is the bill for us NO!!! If you actually have read it like I have you will understand fully how much of a travesty this bill really is. HOW much damage it is doing and about to do to our way of life. Do you want facts for I can provide many of them, I can dump a lot of them here but to many it will do no good for they are all focused on one thing FREE INSURANCE. Nothing is ever truly FREE! Someone has to pay for it. Right now it takes 8 people working full time to pay for ONE person on a government sponsered policy. You do the math. Study the bill and you might actually learn something surprising. Plus I do not think that I should be forced to buy something I do not feel that I need.