View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNeacail View Post
If she is a stay at home mom she is probably in desperate need of regular ADULT contact. I don't quite understand how giving her more children to take care of and pets will do anything but make the need for adult contact away from kids worse. You mentioned that she as a stay at home mom has all the "free time" she can get. I'm sorry, this was so rude and disrespectful to all stay at home moms who WORK THEIR ASS OFF not only the 12 hours their partners are at work, but all the way through bed time as well. It sounds like you have no respect for her contribution to your household. I find it really sad that you aren't willing to watch the kid or hire a sitter a few nights a week so she can get some outside adult contact (even if it's just going bowling or such with a group of friends).
Oh, my goodness, you're right! That was terrible phrasing on my part! Please forgive me! She works incredibly hard at taking care of the baby. I offer to do that all the time ^^ She goes out and has regular adult contact with friends of hers consistently. I'm really sorry about that, I honestly meant no offense. I fully support the contribution she makes to the household, and anything I said to the otherwise was incredibly poor phrasing on my part!

However, I must add that she is in fact able to go out with the baby whenever she would like, spends plenty of time with other parents and friends, and also goes to her own social gatherings. It is by her choice that she takes the baby with her on most of these ventures, due to our agreed (her suggested) attachment parenting style. Previously, it was entirely her choice to take the baby on dates, and to the homes of her boyfriends. She wanted them to know that she was a parent, and that that came first. She would only engage in physical activity once the baby fell asleep.

I am really very sorry for the misunderstanding. That was terrible of me. I need to be more careful of my phrasing. It's no excuse but I have aspergers, and so sometimes I can be crass without meaning to be so, but that was just awful of me. Please forgive me!