View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 05:33 PM

Location: Up a winter mountain hoping NOT to get snowed in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnabelMore View Post
It's a weird thing to say, but it actually feels kind of good, now that it's over anyway, to go through an emotional crisis with my partner and come out the other side. In working it out, we show that we both have the power to affect one another deeply, and that we wield that power responsibly and compassionately. I DON'T want to go through anything like that again anytime soon, but in a strange way a crisis makes the relationship become real in a way that is different from when everything is smooth and quiet, or when the only conflicts are ones I'm dealing with internally. And when everything slides back into place afterwards and we can be relaxed and happy together, we see how resilient our relationship really is.
Too right! How can you know that you'll safely weather the storms if all your days so far are sunny?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnabelMore View Post
She told me that she would always reach out if she thought she could use my help.
That's lovely! I've just been spending 1/4 hour searching Internet for a quote of Antoine de Saint-Exupery's. It's not one of his most famous quotes nor is it in "The Little Prince", but I can't remember which book it is from, and because my memory's not exact, I'm not finding it. But the gist is this:

It is easy to do someone a favour: people do them all the time. But it takes real friendship to ask a favour. When the 'phone rings in the middle of the night and the voice says: "Please help. I need you.", how the heart gladdens! Then we know that this is really a friend.
- old Chinese proverb
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
~ Anais Nin
I'd rather have a broken heart / Than have a heart of stone.
- from "Boundless Love (A Polyamory Song)" by Jimmy Hollis i Dickson