Thread: Music!
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceoli View Post
Flute playing:
I did an undergrad degree in flute and voice and was gigging pretty well and got onto the sub rosters of a couple of decent orchestras when I fell on my hand and couldn't play for a couple of years. Other things developed during that hiatus and even though the flute career kinda took a detour, I can play again and do weddings and such, but not as much as I used to. Would love to step that up again.
Once upon a time I was a very monogamous guy with a very polyamorous girlfriend and feeling as though I had just entered enemy teritory as I found myself in a place where there were now numerous polyamorous males (two of whom actually held the title of 'her other boyfriend'). I was an absolute jumble of super intense emotions the likes of which I had never had to contend with before in my life. I was doing some self exploration and introspection down at the clothing optional swimming pond but still having a hard time holding on to my humanity... when suddenly your flute playing rang out and trailed all around in this direction, then that, winding all around. It brought me back to a calm and more rational place. It was so unexpected, and so precisely what I needed at that moment.