Thread: mono and poly
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2009, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
If someone is wired mono this book tends to read like a training manual for someone who wants to be promiscuous, ethical or not, it reads "slut". I'm not the only mono person who found this book very disturbing.
I bought it, and I'm stuck about halfway through. I'm having problems forcing myself to read any more of it. Perhaps it's because of our situation in that we didn't know we were poly. We just fell in love and it felt right. We're not looking how to pick people up or anything like that. Just seems so far about 90% of the book doesn't really apply to me/us.

My advice is don't push yourself into something you're not comfortable with. You may never be, or you may just need some time, but don't force it. It may be normal to be a little upset if you think you're ready and it hits you a little harder than you thought it would, but if you're really THAT upset about it, maybe you need to think a little harder about what's best for you and if you will be able to live happily with her being poly for the long term.
Best of luck

Home