View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnabelMore View Post
The pregnancy has changed a lot of things already. Gia's had a rough pregnancy so far. Nothing TOO scary, thankfully, but she's been very nauseous, achey, and exhausted on a frequent basis. Less frequently she'll have more acute problems like gastrointestinal issues that really knock the wind out of her sails. I haven't been sexually intimate with either of them since she conceived. Her physical issues related to the pregnancy are a big part of it, but also she just has wanted more space. It stings, but I recognize that this is a transititional period and so I'm not pushing.
Well you better hope to get any sex stuff you want before the pregnancy, otherwise add another 3-6 months on after the birth.

Quote:
Gia has said that she sees me as an Aunt figure for the child to be, which I'm comfortable with. The big question for me is -- would I be willing to be more? Would I be willing to be a co-parent?
If you were more than an Aunt figure you have to consider what the child would call you. It seems an issue for me, what do you call the co parent? It seems many people just go by their name, that doesn't really gel well with me, I wouldn't want my kids to call me by my first name.... it's an interesting one.

Quote:
The biggest lesson for me has been not to freak out trying to get answers... from myself or from her/them... about what shape the future is going to take. It's just unknowable. Things are completely different now than they were five months ago, and they'll be completely different in another five months. Children are change, is what I've been learning so far (or, at least, pregnancy is). I'm more excited than I am scared, more in love than I am worried about getting burned.
I think that is a good lesson you've learned. If you can just relax and say "I'm not sure how it will be but I'm going to give it a shot" you're in a better place than most I think.