View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 08:06 AM

Default Emphasis on Sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by preciselove View Post
I just see a lot of lovey dovey crap with people trying to justify and rationalize the sweet taste of poontang. I just don't see why people do the logical gymnastics to support their lifestyle if its like that, just come out and admit you want some regular, casual sex and be done with it. I feel they aren't really being honest with themselves or their partners when they just throw everything under the "love" cloud - "oh yeah that boner in my pants I just got for that girl is love baby, and remember polyamory is about sharing the love" .
I do not see any more a need to justify "poontang" as I would see a need to justify scrapbooking or racquetball.

If you break it down, making a new, close friend has few real differences to making a new, close lover:

• Both can take time away from your primary lover
  • Both can have activities that include your primary lover
  • Both can involve complex emotional issues
The only real core difference is sexual interaction. Let's reword some of your statements using the racquetball example:

Quote:
I just don't see why people do the logical gymnastics to support their lifestyle if its like that, just come out and admit you want some regular, casual sex and be done with it.
might become:

Quote:
I just don't see why people do the logical gymnastics to support their sport activities if its like that, just come out and admit you want some regular, energetic racquetball play and be done with it.
and:

Quote:
I feel they aren't really being honest with themselves or their partners when they just throw everything under the "love" cloud - "oh yeah that boner in my pants I just got for that girl is love baby, and remember polyamory is about sharing the love.
might become:

Quote:
I feel they aren't really being honest with themselves or their partners when they just throw everything under the "exercise" cloud - "oh yeah that excitement I express for my racquetball partner is my love for fitness, and remember friendship is about sharing activities.
The hang-up here is sex. And yes, sexual diversity can be VERY rewarding. I do not think you'll find many people on here to argue against that.

It's also not everything. Nor is it something that *needs* justification. Nor does its presence *need* to be separated from relationships or love.