View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 08:17 PM

Default Ahhhhhh - ok...

Hi Precise,

Ok - this is good...............

There's parts of your post that are following......others taking off on their own

Such as............

Quote:
Originally Posted by preciselove View Post
........ If they have spent many years finding the right partner they will of course be upset if they have no alternative or lesser alternatives. Your conclusion that all lovers are equal is quite politically correct but doesn't have much association with reality in my mind.
Ok - so "reality" to you would be living in an ideal world - where all our wants were met - and also the #1 priority for everyone we are in some relationship ?

Now it would seem to me (just lil ol me) that the foundation here is heavily rooted in that concept of "right" partner, - everyone else being 'lesser'.
Hmmmmmm.............
Maybe this is REAL to you. I'm just glad it's not to me !

There was never any assumption that all "lovers are equal" as you say because I don't believe in equality ! But I do believe in uniqueness And if you haven't notice by now - being "politically correct" is pretty near the bottom of my priority list lol

The rest of this stuff.................well - maybe later.....
GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by preciselove View Post

That's even to say that all people want to have multiple "secondary" partners, or people they don't trust down to the bone. Every random or semi random sexual encounter you have puts you at risk of numerous diseases, regardless of protection used.

"Open poly" people in my opinion seem to have a rather low barrier to entry. "You're ok with my lifestyle and my existing partner(s)? Wassup new boyfriend, let's have sex and see how it goes". Wooo NRE!!! A month later it's someone new. That's just my experience though.