View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackUnicorn View Post
A RED FLAG! When somebody says something like this to me, I have learnt it is most often an euphenism for 'we have put our sexual relationship on hold'. While I'm not saying that sex (especially PIV sex! yay for new acronyms) is the be all and end all of all relationships, feeling sexually rejected IS a major issue that needs to be dealt with, I think. Even if you've more or less stopped sexual intimacy out of mutual agreement, however silent, it's so important to take care that not all intimacy, cuddling, sharing, etc. goes out of the window when the sex stops.

Is this your situation now?
Although friendship with a small child around can really get you through a lot. My husband and I didn't have a whole lot of sex when our kids were really little, there was too much else going on. He's my best friend as well and the sex has come back (and better than ever). I guess what I'm trying to say is that little sex with a 2 year old isn't so much a red flag as a phase that will pass. Keep spending time together as a couple and when you are out together on a date limit the amount that you talk about the child (although I'll give you that sometimes it's hard to come up with other topics).