View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 01:28 AM

Default Idealist Poly Blog Part 37- values and relationships

I am studying to be a Life Coach. We did a process on Values. When reviewing the values which I selected as being most important to me, I realized they can be divided into four groups.

A small portion of them are things which I have to work on within my mental and emotional self (like awareness and growth.)

Another small portion is made up of things which I have to work on physically (like health, fitness and financial independence).

A large portion of my important values can be realized by adjusting my state of mind (like balance, certainty, confidence, decisiveness, determination, freedom, harmony, optimism, perseverance, self-reliance, stability and strength.

And, the interesting insight I had which pertains to Relationships is that a great portion of the things I value most in life can only be realized within the context of relationships. (Like directness, entertainment, honesty, intimacy, leadership, love, openness, persuasiveness, respect, support, trust and understanding.

So- for me, remaining content and fullfilled is simple......nurture my relationships and maintain a conscious state of mind!!!!