View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitaFire View Post
Interesting....can you explain that more? When I think of supplements, I think of something that we need because we are missing it. It is something that needs to be added because we are lacking in it. Rob and I talk a lot about this. I wonder if he realized he was poly because he felt he was lacking something with us. He needed that "supplement" because it was not something I could provide. But, he maintains that he is not lacking anything in our relationship. Poly would just bring more.
Supplement - something added to complete a thing, supply a deficiency, or reinforce or extend a whole.

It doesn't always mean a deficiency. I am not filling a deficiency by having my gf in my life. See Sourgirls definition above. Its dead on imo.

There are some poly people who look at poly as a way to fill the jigsaw puzzle of their love life. But not everyone views it this way.

Quote:
I am starting to understand a bit, after reading all of your posts, how it could be time management that would make me, or wonder if my partner feels, less loved. When they could be in my heart and I do care, but am just not able to be with them. That takes trust.
No matter how out of touch, or far away or distant someone is. If they love you, they love you. Just because you love someone else, doesn't take away from the other love.

Intimacy, time, physical connections.. etc.. those are all things that may be impacted by inviting someone else in to your life.