View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amobrasil View Post
SourGirl -

Ahhhh, you're right. We should be more compassionate toward these women, I apologize if my words came across as harsh. In the heat of the moment, it is difficult to see that not everyone is alike, and we all have our unique strengths and weaknesses. We need to do better. We will try to keep your advice in mind, thanks. And I agree, we need to slow down

As for America, it probably doesn't help that I live in the Bible Belt... In recent years, America has back-pedaled into conservatism, inflamed by opposition toward "liberal agendas" such as gay marriage. FOX news, Rush Limbaugh, and Glenn Beck come to mind when I think about who is shaping the ideas and opinions of the nation. We have actually thought about moving to another state such as California, but again, it's the cost versus rewards issue. For the pursuit of a lifestyle and perceived benefits, how far does one go? This is a question which we have not yet answered to ourselves. But, I think, with time and reflection, everything will sort itself out in the end.
Weak-willed was suggested to you, so my embarassment wasn`t directed at you. Though compassion for the women who had the bravery to even attempt to be out, would probably help your hearts heal a bit

Give yourself time. Let yourself feel testy, and frustrated, but only for a bit. Wether its worth the effort, is something that remains to be seen for your future. Though please remember, that we only ever truly learn from our mistakes.

Think of poly , not as being a battle, but maybe like a car restoration. Tweak, and tune-up here, and there.
Modify as need be.
Cruise when able.

Good luck.