Thread: Self Esteem
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 04:15 AM

I definitely agree that self-esteem plays an integral role in any relationship, although, contrary to what many people believe, I don't believe one must love oneself before one loves another. My wife and I both fell in love with each other before we fell in love with ourselves, and to be honest, we're still working on the second one.

I would say that throughout my life my self-esteem has wavered. There are periods of my life when my self-esteem was soaring and other periods where it was dwindling. It depends on circumstances, personal successes and failures, and how I judge myself.

This is the way I see it. Poor self-esteem affects relationships because poor self-esteem and high self-esteem have different frequencies. When we are resonating at one level, we're not resonating at the other. So if we have a shift in our own self-esteem, we emit different "frequencies" and begin to attract and repel different people. This in turn reflects our relationships since the people we relate to resonate at the same frequency as us.

nim