View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 02:50 AM

It's been a good day today. I spent the day with my family doing very low key stuff. We walked to a movie, Rango, and back in the sunshine. Made appetizers for supper and baked some bread. None of it was terribly exciting or earth shattering but these are things that feed my soul. The emotional crisis that I put on myself yesterday has lifted.

I think I'm probably going to turn in early tonight again and have another good night's sleep. Sleep makes everything more bearable (or just puts things into perspective). I expect that my insecurities will rear their head again at some point. I'm just thankful to be able to voice them and have people around me to listen.

Coping mechanisms are interesting things. They're almost like a dam, when they fail all of a sudden everything comes spilling out and it takes some time to fix it up again. I'm glad that it's over again for the time being. I think that every time I have a bit of a crisis I get an insight into why it's happening and I can work through the things I identify.