View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Indigomontoya View Post
Why is it that any heterosexual, consenting adults can have any kind of fetish, some that can be considered a health risk, and it's "Whatever floats your boat." but you get two polyamorous, heterosexual, consenting adults who communicate better, are closer, and happier than their monogamous friends and suddenly their the pariahs?
Good question...I've asked the very same question many times.

I received a fuck off and die note after telling a woman I was chatting with about my poly marriage. Apparently she can see why I get hate mail over it, and what I am doing is disgusting... I can't win, I tell them at the outset and I get pissy messages, I establish a repoire, pissy messages, put it in my profile? Hate mail.
I watched a documentary the other day about a Pregnant Man (Actually a F-M Trans who didn't get full bottom surgery if anyone cares about the 'how'...and let the guys's not our time yet) and the hate mail, vids, phone calls, harassment, and venom of the neighbors, or just random people who saw an Oprah show was truly astounding. It amazes me that with freedom of speech seems to come this assumption that it also means freedom of judgement of stuff about neighbors or strangers which at the end of the day if none of their F$%^&ng business.

(Sorry about the counter rant here dude...let me know if you want me to move it elsewhere)

I don't use POF anymore, but I can't say as I ever got hate mail or anything on there, (Maybe it's just because you're in Ontario. ) and I used single as a status frequently as well, but it was to dodge the email and search filters. But all I hope you don't let it get you's one of those consider the source things...and isn't it better to know that they're a close minded judgmental hose-beast BEFORE you waste 30 minutes and $5 on having coffee with them!

I understand if you don't want to speak to me again, I hope that's not the case, but I wanted you to know.
This particular line may not cause the hate mail, but it does seem a little's almost like you're making the decision for them to not talk to you.
If I could suggest something more akin to:
"I recognize this kind of living is not for everyone, and requires an open mind and an honest heart. So I want to be entirely up-front with you, and if you are game, then cool. And if it's not your bag, then no harm no foul."

Again, consider the source...if I knew what to say in messages on those sites to get reply's I'd be spending all my time on OKC instead of posting here.
“People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.” - Chinese Proverb

-Imaginary Illusion

How did I get here & Where am I going?