View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 02:42 PM

Why is it that any heterosexual, consenting adults can have any kind of fetish, some that can be considered a health risk, and it's "Whatever floats your boat." but you get two polyamorous, heterosexual, consenting adults who communicate better, are closer, and happier than their monogamous friends and suddenly their the pariahs?

I received a fuck off and die note after telling a woman I was chatting with about my poly marriage. Apparently she can see why I get hate mail over it, and what I am doing is disgusting... I can't win, I tell them at the outset and I get pissy messages, I establish a repoire, pissy messages, put it in my profile? Hate mail.

Here's what I send usually as the message:

I've really enjoyed chatting and emailing you. So with that in mind, I didn't want you to think I was lying to you, or keeping something from you. I'm in an polyamorous marriage; that does not mean i am looking for one night stands, the easiest way to describe it is that I am in a committed, nonmonogsmous relationship; so I am able to date and have other relationships.

I left it out of the profile because I was receiving hate mail over it. I know I should have been more forth right, but I've bad experiences just coming out and saying before getting to know someone.

I understand if you don't want to speak to me again, I hope that's not the case, but I wanted you to know.

[IM]