View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNeacail View Post
I actually told him one day that he might as well just punch me in the gut, it would hurt less and I'd get over it quicker. When they lie about small stupid stuff, there is no way to trust them with the big stuff, there will always be doubt.
SNeacail, I completely agree (with the punch in the gut and everything else) and I have told him this. I think that maybe in my husband's case he is very afraid of rejection or of me leaving him. He also has lied about realyl dunb stuff in the past that doesn't make any sense. Ex: one time he lied about how he had done the dishes. I looked over and saw a sink full of dishes sitting there. I had to raise an eyebrow and say, "Ummm...you did?" Look!"

I am glad to hear that the counseling is helping with you and your husband, hopefully it will with us also. I still have a lot of love and hope.

He says that he very much wants to have an honest relationship and he loves me but that it is very hard for him. I can understand this, but it makes it VERY hard for me to be able to trust him, especially right now.