View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 11:47 PM

Parallel parking and emotional way of being do not relate to me. Spacial capacity and logic don't go together for me... the whole female/male stereotyping doesn't work for me either... maybe its the people I hang out with... I think its kind of a cop out to blame anything on gender... I think for me it's more about training as a child. More about empowering people so they believe they can do anything. It frees them up to so much potential. Blaming gender often keeps me from thinking I am capable, so I don't allow it. I am an awesome parallel parker and can be very logical... I owe this to being empowered to be so... its nothing to do with gender I don't think.

I find on an almost daily basis that people are so quick to judge me on my gender and therefore capability within it. Especially while driving. If I cut someone off in traffic, it is somehow seen as I am a stupid woman, if a man does that to me it is somehow justified because I am just a woman. Not one sorry hand wave or glance with apology, just a blow off. If someone does that when Mono or PN are driving they are all apologetic. If my men cut someone off there is not one peep about it. No head shake, no hand flying up and eye roll... what is that shit?! Ya, driving brings out all those stereotypes it seems! As if everyone doesn't cut people off in traffic sometime or make some driving faux pas. Sorry.... off topic, very passionate about the driving thing

There is a really good video about raising boys that makes me think of emotion and logic ("Tony Porter-a call to men" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td1PbsV6B80). Raising emotionally strong men is probably the most important thing parents can do. Society trains them to be logic, but not emotional. Opposite for girls; emotional yet not logical.

@ray, I am I-ENFP too. I get where you are coming from, but in my field I have to be able to appreciate logical people as much as emotional. Its important for me to realize that in my personal life I need to find people that feed my soul and be a good host to those that don't. Resentment builds if I am not being fulfilled.