View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carma View Post
I could never handle the side effects of meds. Have tried them off and on throughout the past 14 years -- whenever depression gets a tight hold, I cave in and try again. Never works. I hate being a zombie. Prozac sent me manic a couple times, and that was scary as hell.

They say that exercise can be as effective as a mild anti-depressant. So even though I'd MUCH rather take a pill and get on with it... I've been trying to take more long walks. Not only does it get me out of the house, I get a brighter perspective when I'm out in the world, my heart is healthier, plus my butt gets some toning, which is a great side effect, for sure!

Good luck, TP!
Prozac sent me hypo-manic, too! It was crazy, because I didn't even realize it was happening, but looking back I can see it. (Of particular note was dragging my BF at the time home for sex at lunch when I'd previously had no sex drive. :S ) I had wicked nightmares on the stuff and terrible anxiety.

I'd much rather take a pill and get on with it, too, but the pills really aren't working. I'm not at the point yet where I can just get up and go for a walk when I feel crappy. However, I have noticed that when I have a fleeting impulse to do something (such as a household chore), it's much easier to follow through.

Baby steps!